Where to buy
If this bike is out of stock, take a look at our other highly rated bikes.
We earn affiliate commission. Learn more
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Kent Northwoods Synergy. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
6 reasons to buy
- For a lot of owners, the Northwoods Tandem was easy to assemble in thirty minutes to an hour.
- The price was considered to be very reasonable. Some said that it was the lowest priced tandem available.
- For many riders, this was their first tandem. Close friends and couples had a lot of fun coordinating their technique and learning to ride on weekends or vacations.
- In customer reviews, duos noted that the Northwoods handled their combined weights of up to 380 lbs.
- Gear-shifting was reported as smooth and easy by multiple owners.
- This tandem turned-heads of many passers-by.
5 reasons not to buy
- A lot of users found the Northwoods' saddle to be uncomfortable and chose to replace it.
- Couples sometimes found this bike heavy to propel, even for two people.
- The Northwoods’ parts were described as not being the greatest quality. Where components were missing or arrived damaged / defective, owners often had trouble receiving returns or refunds.
- While others found assembly simple, a number of owners found it difficult and the manual unclear. Quite a few took the Northwoods to their local bike shop, where the bike was assembled and tuned.
- Wheels occasionally needed truing before riding.