Where to buy
If this bike is out of stock, take a look at our other highly rated bikes.
We earn affiliate commission. Learn more
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Ghost SL AMR. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
8 reasons to buy
- The Ghost SL AMR has 130mm of travel in both the fork and rear suspension.
- According to riders, the SL AMR easily tackles descents through a variety of trail terrain.
- Users report that the bike rarely bottoms out on descents.
- The bike has a durable aluminum frame.
- The Ghost SL AMR is an affordable trail bike.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide riders with excellent stopping power. The SL AMR X is specced with Shimano BRMT-400 brakes.
- Users found the appearance of the bike to be attractive.
- The Maxxis Minion DHF and DHR tire set-ups provide riders with excellent traction over obstacles.
4 reasons not to buy
- Users report the derailleur cable is exposed on the Ghost SL AMR X and may easily become damaged if not secured in place.
- Users found the noisy cables and headset on the bike to be annoying on rides.
- The SL AMR is heavy. It weighs over 30 lbs.
- The JD dropper post is prone to issues, according to one expert.