Bike Size Charts
BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Electric Bike Company Model X. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
15 reasons to buy
- The Model X's components, batteries, and extras are all extremely customizable.
- With beach cruiser geometry, the Model X is a relaxed and comfortable ride.
- The Model X arrives 99% assembled. Owners need only to turn their bars, adjust their seat height and check their tires.
- The Model X’s motor achieves a peak wattage of 1000W.
- EBC cover the Model X with these warranties: battery (5 years), motor (10 years), frame (10 years), & paint (30 days).
- To deliver reliable braking, the Model X is fitted with dual-piston hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors and a motor cut-off feature.
- Owners can expect a short charge time of 3 to 4 hours.
- Testers are pleased with the Model X’s ability to tackle headwinds and hills.
- The Model X is fitted with integrated front and rear lights.
- Comfort and stability are aided by wide, 2.35” Schwalbe Fat Frank tires.
- Owners say the Model X is light enough for one person to lift into a vehicle.
- The Model X’s backlit display is clear, easy-to-read and features a USB port.
- Model X reviewers are impressed with the bike’s neat, internally routed cables.
- Many Model X owners praised Electric Bike Company’s quality of customer service.
- Riders can match the Model X to their height, thanks to a highly adjustable stem.
8 reasons not to buy
- No rack, basket or fenders are included. They are available as extras.
- The Model X is only available in one size.
- Some testers say the Model X’s headlight is none-too-bright.
- The Model X’s headlight is attached to the headtube and therefore, it does not illuminate well on turns.
- The Model X’s steel fork, bar & chainguard are vulnerable to rust.
- With its cadence sensor, Model X riders will experience some delay in pedal assist.
- The Model X’s frame does not feature bottle bosses.
- Some buyers complained of poor customer service and delays in receiving replacement parts.
Expert Reviews84/100 based on 4 rated expert reviews
Electric Bike Company Model X Review
A value-priced entry from EBC, available in 24 custom colors with an adjustable quill stem. The bike can be made to order with other options for color and accessories. There are a few trade-offs here, but overall the bike just works.
Electric Bike Company Model X Electric Bike Review: Rides Like a Tesla, Priced Like a Honda
The Electric Bike Company Model X electric bike feels like a good choice for those who are looking for a great cruiser-style electric bike but aren’t looking to spend a fortune. It’s also a capable commuter.