Where to buy
If this bike is out of stock, take a look at our other highly rated bikes.
We earn affiliate commission. Learn more
Number of Gears
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Dynacraft Next Surge. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
9 reasons to buy
- The Next Surge is an affordable bike.
- The bike is available in three attractive color combinations.
- With a quick-release seat post clamp, the height of the bike is easy to adjust.
- Users found the bike quick and easy to assemble.
- Dynacraft includes training wheels with the Next Surge.
- Testers were pleased that the bike had a hand brake, in addition to a coaster brake.
- With a maximum weight capacity of 89 lbs., the bike can be used by a wide range of children.
- Reflectors provide riders with additional visibility when riding in poor weather or at night.
- The bike's seat is cushioned with foam, providing comfort to riders.
7 reasons not to buy
- Users found the bike's steel frame to be heavy.
- The Next Surge’s chain can easily fall off.
- The stock tubes included with the bike do not easily hold air.
- Testers found that the pedals easily fell off the bike.
- The bearings on the bike wear quickly, according to users.
- Many users found the bike arrived damaged.
- The Next Surge does not include a kickstand.
Bottom lineDynacraft’s Next Surge is designed for young male riders. It is capable of supporting riders up to 89 lbs. With the inclusion of training wheels, the bike is best for boys learning to pedal. Its seat is easy to adjust, using a quick-release seat post clamp. Many users were disappointed by the bike, as they had issues with bearings, pedal attachment, chain durability and tire and tube quality. The bike may be affordable, but the quality is not sufficient.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 rated expert reviews
18″ Next Surge boys’ BMX Bike’ Black/Green Review
Visit full review
The seat is really soft, I think it’s memory foam.
Dynacraft 18″ Next Surge Boys’ BMX Bike Review – It’s Ride Your Bike Month!
Visit full review
It’s an 18″ Next Surge Boys’ BMX Bike in Black and Green. The helmet is not included and some assembly is required. I think my husband assembled it within 30 minutes or so, but he’s usually handy and he makes it look easy.
Best Kids Bikes
Kids bikes with the highest BikeRide Scores
Dynacraft Next Surge in comparison to averages
Dynacraft Next Surge