BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Cannondale CAADX 105. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
11 reasons to buy
- The CAADX 105 is available in five sizes, suiting a wide range of riders.
- Smooth tubing and quality paint give the CAADX 105 an immaculate appearance, according to both experts and users.
- Compared to other cyclocross bikes, the CAADX 105 does not have as aggressive geometry. The bike offers riders a stance that is comfortable for long commutes and endurance gravel racing.
- The CAADX 105 is capable of tackling singletrack, with a rigid frame, responsive brakes and agile drop bars.
- The WTB Riddlers and Schwalbe CX Comp tires are excellent all-around riding tires. They are semi-slick and suitable for racing cyclocross, gravel biking and commuting.
- The CAADX 105’s wide range of gears is ideal for climbing steep dirt roads, on gravel rides.
- The CAADX 105 is lightweight, making it easy to carry over obstacles.
- Experts agree the Shimano 105 groupset allows for smooth shifting.
- The carbon fork and rear triangle micro-suspension cushion one’s ride on rough terrain.
- The CAADX 105 has space for two water bottles.
- The CAADX 105 SE has mechanical disc brakes, which are ideal for touring, as they are easier to maintain.
5 reasons not to buy
- Experts and users both found the wheels surprisingly heavy for the build, on the CAADX 105.
- The Cannondale CAADX 105 SE does not have rear rack mounts.
- The bike may struggle to keep up to speed on group road rides.
- The quick-release wheels are more prone to disc rub than a thru-axle wheel setup.
- There are no crank arm power meter options for Cannondale’s Si model 48/32 crankset, that comes on the CAADX 105 SE.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Cannondale CAADX 105 SE 2018 – Longterm Review – See Why I Got Rid of It!
Considering all the problems I had, unfortunately even though I love the looks of this bike, I am fed up with it.
Product Review: 2019 Cannondale CAADX 105 SE
I plan to continue to use this bike for my all-around adventures. It’s a great bike for rides that include some gravel/dirt roads, some pavement, rail trails and even some singletrack (that isn’t too gnarly).