BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on Bavel Commuter. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
6 reasons to buy
- The colorways and graphics appealed to buyers.
- Owners mentioned that the Commuter weighs in at a reasonable 27.3lbs.
- Some users were satisfied with the functioning of the Shimano disc brakes.
- Owners’ experience of gear-shifting ranged from ‘pretty good’ to outstanding.
- A handful of users found assembly easy.
- Ride quality was, at times, described as ‘smooth’.
9 reasons not to buy
- Gearing was too low for some riders, leading to slow speeds on flats and spinning downhills.
- Pedals were described as light plastic and rotated stiffly.
- Tires were described as thin and sometimes arrived with holes.
- Brakes were often noisy and weak. Front and rear calipers sometimes arrived bent.
- The pre-configured handlebar height was too low for some riders.
- Customer service received some glaring reports. One owner received the wrong model bike and found the manufacturer difficult to contact and reluctant to fulfil a return.
- Some factory assembly issues included untrimmed cables and a front wheel axle that was too short.
- Tubes sometimes arrived with slit seams.
- More than one rider found that a screw from the seatpole was rubbing on their leg.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Bavel 21 Speed 700C Road Racing Bicycle Shimano Review
So this is a great beginner bike, very inexpensive. I would recommend it.