BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Batch E-Commuter / The E-Bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- The E-Bike was praised for featuring a Bosch mid-drive motor at such a low price.
- A happy owner verified Batch’s claim of an 80 mile maximum range.
- The 400Wh Bosch Powerpack battery covered ample distance for most commuters.
- Tektro Hydraulic Disc brakes were dependable and performed powerfully.
- Big 180mm disc brake rotors reinforced stopping power.
- The Bosch Active Line motor's pedal assistance was gradual yet substantial.
- An impressive 40 miles of range was covered, using only turbo mode.
- Bosch’s Powerpack 400 battery was lockable and removable.
- A Shimano Altus rear derailleur provided reliable performance for commuters.
- Full-length plastic fenders protected The E-Bike from spray.
- With a 55lb rating, the included rear rack was more than handy.
- Punctures were rare on the Kenda Kwick Twenty 27.5” x 1.75” tires.
8 reasons not to buy
- The 46.5lb weight was felt on ascents.
- Experts would have liked to see integrated lights included with The E-Bike.
- Reportedly, fenders were difficult to adjust away from rubbing tires.
- Grips irritated the palms of one expert reviewer.
- Some experts felt that The E-bike’s appearance and finish lacked refinement.
- The gear indicator broke on a reviewer, during a test ride.
- The Bosch Purion display provided limited information to riders.
- The Cionlli saddle was described as being stiff.
Expert Reviews90/100 based on 2 expert reviews
Batch Bicycles | E-Commuter Bike
…I was a little skeptical that an E-bike [at this price] would be good, but the Batch E-Commuter does a great job… It’s got plenty of power… Where the bikes falls a little short is the lack of any lighting… Overall I really thought the E-Commuter by Batch Bicycles was a winner…
The Batch Electric Bike Is an Affordable Way to Try a Motorized Ride
…a screaming deal… a good bet for anyone who wants to try an e-bike but isn’t ready to drop several thousand dollars… It’s hard to beat the Batch E-Bike as an introduction to the world of motorized bicycling.
Batch E-Commuter: Finally, a [Budget] Bosch eBike
Price point and distribution are the real winner on this bike. For the money, you’re getting that smooth-as-butter Bosch Pedal Assist with nearly all the fixings.
Batch Bicycles E-Commuter Review
A down-to-business commuter ebike with a Bosch mid-drive, hydraulic disc brakes, all the necessary features, and a fantastic price point…
The E-Bike from Batch Bicycles
…the strengths of this bike are its impressive battery and drivetrain. We’d rather have that than pretty welds and no muscle… The ride is impressively good… The pedal-assist works well and is intuitive…