Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the Batch E-Commuter / The E-Bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
12 reasons to buy
- The E-Bike was praised for featuring a Bosch mid-drive motor at such a low price.
- A happy owner verified Batch’s claim of an 80 mile maximum range.
- The 400Wh Bosch Powerpack battery covered ample distance for most commuters.
- Tektro Hydraulic Disc brakes were dependable and performed powerfully.
- Big 180mm disc brake rotors reinforced stopping power.
- The Bosch Active Line motor's pedal assistance was gradual yet substantial.
- An impressive 40 miles of range was covered, using only turbo mode.
- Bosch’s Powerpack 400 battery was lockable and removable.
- A Shimano Altus rear derailleur provided reliable performance for commuters.
- Full-length plastic fenders protected The E-Bike from spray.
- With a 55lb rating, the included rear rack was more than handy.
- Punctures were rare on the Kenda Kwick Twenty 27.5” x 1.75” tires.
8 reasons not to buy
- The 46.5lb weight was felt on ascents.
- Experts would have liked to see integrated lights included with The E-Bike.
- Reportedly, fenders were difficult to adjust away from rubbing tires.
- Grips irritated the palms of one expert reviewer.
- Some experts felt that The E-bike’s appearance and finish lacked refinement.
- The gear indicator broke on a reviewer, during a test ride.
- The Bosch Purion display provided limited information to riders.
- The Cionlli saddle was described as being stiff.
Expert Reviews87/100 based on 2 expert reviews
Batch Bicycles | E-Commuter Bike
…I was a little skeptical that an E-bike [at this price] would be good, but the Batch E-Commuter does a great job… It’s got plenty of power… Where the bikes falls a little short is the lack of any lighting… Overall I really thought the E-Commuter by Batch Bicycles was a winner…
The Batch Electric Bike Is an Affordable Way to Try a Motorized Ride
…a screaming deal… a good bet for anyone who wants to try an e-bike but isn’t ready to drop several thousand dollars… It’s hard to beat the Batch E-Bike as an introduction to the world of motorized bicycling.