The BikeRide Score ranks bikes from 0-100 based on opinions from users and experts. The higher the score is, the better. Read how it works
Where to buy
Not found for sale. More bikes
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on this bike. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
8 reasons to buy
- 6KU’s steel fixed-gear bike comes in a wide range of sizes, which offered more choices to buyers.
- The handlebars were described as comfortable by one expert, while the Oury brand grips were noted as a quality brand.
- Satisfied riders appreciated the wide range of color combinations – and the look of the wide rim wheels.
- The steel model of 6KU’s fixed-gear has stayed consistent for years. Some users report that they have ridden this model for two or four years with few problems.
- Several people categorized the 6KU fixie as a good casual or starter bike.
- It is an undeniably low-cost machine. Quite a few buyers saw it as a good value purchase.
- Some folk found it easy to assemble.
- A few even described this ride as solid or rugged.
6 reasons not to buy
- Multiple owners commented on how heavy the 6KU is, due to the Hi-Tensile steel frame and thick deep-v rims.
- There were a few reports of cranks breaking and pedals shearing off.
- More than one consumer felt that it was not a reliable long-term ride. One rider replaced all parts after 3 years of daily use.
- Braking was often described as mediocre, especially until the brake pads wore through the painted rims.
- It wasn’t a rarity to hear reports of the bike arriving with missing or damaged parts.
- There was a discrepancy between colors as seen online and what was delivered.
Expert Reviews0/100 based on 0 expert reviews
Compared to other bikes
In comparison to averages of categories
Average All Bikes
Average 6KU Bike
Average Single Speed - Fixed Gear Bike