BikeRide finds and shows you the best prices of the bikes you want to buy. Prices constantly change and it’s impossible to compare them all yourself.
We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices – to save you time and money.
It’s a promise we stand behind: If you find a lower price on a bike elsewhere, we will sell it to you for 10% less. For example, if you find a bike for $480 that we have listed at $500, we will offer you to buy it for $432 through BikeRide. The bike must be the same color and size, sold in the US and not include the use of a coupon.
If you find a lower price, email us at [email protected] with documentation of the price. We’re committed to making sure that the cost of a bike does not keep you from cycling!
Summary of Reviews
We have read all expert and user reviews on the 6KU Fixie. In summary, this is what cyclists think.
8 reasons to buy
- 6KU’s steel fixed-gear bike comes in a wide range of sizes, which offered more choices to buyers.
- The handlebars were described as comfortable by one expert, while the Oury brand grips were noted as a quality brand.
- Satisfied riders appreciated the wide range of color combinations – and the look of the wide rim wheels.
- The steel model of 6KU’s fixed-gear has stayed consistent for years. Some users report that they have ridden this model for two or four years with few problems.
- Several people categorized the 6KU fixie as a good casual or starter bike.
- It is an undeniably low-cost machine. Quite a few buyers saw it as a good value purchase.
- Some folk found it easy to assemble.
- A few even described this ride as solid or rugged.
6 reasons not to buy
- Multiple owners commented on how heavy the 6KU is, due to the Hi-Tensile steel frame and thick deep-v rims.
- There were a few reports of cranks breaking and pedals shearing off.
- More than one consumer felt that it was not a reliable long-term ride. One rider replaced all parts after 3 years of daily use.
- Braking was often described as mediocre, especially until the brake pads wore through the painted rims.
- It wasn’t a rarity to hear reports of the bike arriving with missing or damaged parts.
- There was a discrepancy between colors as seen online and what was delivered.